NEXT STEP UNSCHOOL CONFERENCE
Sheraton Gateway Atlanta Airport
February 5 - 9, 2014
Pre-Conference Trivia & Tourism Challenge February 2 - 4, 2014
Post-Conference Farewell Picnic February 10, 2014
WHO should attend Next Step Unschool Conference?
- Attend if you are NEW to the idea of unschooling and are interested in learning more about education outside of traditional schools.
- Attend if you are EXPERIENCED in unschooling and are seeking support, motivation, inspiration, fellowship!
- Attend if you are "GRADUATING" from unschooling and are searching for a mentor, a travel companion, a motivator, a friend.
- Attend if you are ANY of these and want to celebrate learning in freedom with other like-minded families.
WHAT is Next Step Unschool Conference going to be like?
- PRE-CONFERENCE Trivia and Tourism Challenge (prizes awarded during opening ceremony)
- MORNINGS full of games and challenges on campus; field trips and discount tickets off campus
- AFTERNOONS full of talks, discussions, chats, activities, games, and more!
- EVENINGS full of family friendly activities including a Talent Show, a Dance, and a Game Show! (Events Just For Teens, TOO!)
- POST-CONFERENCE farewell picnic
WHERE will Next Step Unschool Conference be held?
- SHERATON GATEWAY ATLANTA is our host hotel and is located just a quick shuttle ride from the Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia.
WHEN will Next Step Unschool Conference be held?
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2014 through SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2014
Pre-Conference fun February 2 - 4, 2014 and a Post-Conference picnic lunch on Monday, February 10, 2014!
WHY should I attend Next Step Unschool Conference?
- NEXT STEP UNSCHOOL CONFERENCE will provide access to and information about: unschooling, educational and professional opportunities, mentors, post-secondary education, travel, and so much more!
HOW is Next Step Unschool Conference different from other conferences?
- We are focused on unschooling as a viable educational avenue.
- We address families at each step in their journey.
- We provide mentors and topics specific to each family member including young adults 15-25.
- We offer an informational luncheon to friends and family who may not understand what unschooling is.
- We offer large discussions AND small group chats.
- We follow-up and provide interactive components to try out what you're hearing and learning.
- We provide opportunities to stay in touch with mentors and other attendees after the conference concludes.